Personal Experience & Biography
Hi, I’m Denise Mikrut. I enjoy consulting with people as an attorney and helping others find solutions to problems.
I mainly practice in the areas of real estate-related matters, consumer debt settlement and debt resolution issues and consumer bankruptcy.
In my 20 years as a practicing attorney, I have learned that my greatest skill as an attorney is listening to clients, empathizing with a client’s particular situation, and formulating a solution based on a client’s particular needs.
I am a past president of the Southern Nevada Association of Women Attorneys, have previously worked with the Children’s Attorney Project in southern Nevada, and have performed work for the Legal Aid Center Pro Bono Project. The value I provide to clients and/or potential clients is honesty. This is done by providing a realistic assessment of a potential client case.
- University of Detroit-Mercy Law School – J.D. in Law, 1998
- Wayne State University – M.B.A in Business Management, 1994
- Michigan State University – B.A. in Communication Arts & Science, 1983
- State of Nevada – Eviction Mediator – 2020
- State of Nevada – Foreclosure Mediator – 2009 – Present